SCHOOL OF NURSING
Government Multi Speciality Hospital,
Sector 16 Chandigarh
The School of Nursing was established in early 60’s in General Hospital, Sector-16, Chandigarh with the aim to prepare midwives by providing six months diploma to the candidates who are already having General Nursing Training of three years. In the year 1991, Vocational ANM Programme was started. The School of Nursing is offering ANM Vocational Course to the 10+1 and 10+2 students of Govt. Senior Secondary School, Sector-15, Chandigarh, Union Territory.
The Govt. of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has funded the General Nursing and Midwifery Diploma for Five year and after Five years Chandigarh Administration has taken over. The first batch of students for General Nursing and Midwifery training was admitted in September, 2001.
The nurses completing the course will be able to -
1. Demonstrate awareness of, and skills required in the Nursing process in the provision of health care and nursing of patients.
(a) They will be competent to :-
• Assess the nursing needs of individual, families and communities through out life from birth and death;
• Plan appropriate action to meet their needs through competent safe nursing care;
• Take appropriate action to help people retain or sustain their best possible level of health in all aspects;
• Work with other members of the health team and community in promotion of health, prevention of illness, restoration of health and rehabilitation.
2. Apply relevant knowledge from the humanities, biological and behavioral sciences in carrying out health care and nursing activities and function.
3. Showing sensitivity and skill in human relationship and communication in her daily work.
4. Demonstrate skill in the use of problem solving methods in nursing practices.
5. Gain knowledge of health resources in the community and the country.
6. Demonstrate leadership skills in working with the health team, community and others in the provision of health care.
7. Demonstrate understanding of, and commitment professional behavior.
8. Demonstrate awareness of the necessity of belonging to profession and professional life.
9. Demonstrate awareness of the necessity of belonging to profession and professional life.
10. Promotion of health, precautions against illness, restoration of health and rehabilitation.
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES CONDUCTED IN SCHOOL OF NURSING
1. Midwifery – 6 months Programme after completion of 3 year General Nursing Diploma (Old Pattern)-20
2. Auxiliary Nurse Midwife Vocational Course (CBSE Sponsored) (10+1 and 10+2) 2 years Programme – 25 seats (admission done at Govt. Senior Sec. School, Sector-15, Chandigarh) as per CBSE policy)
3. Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (three and half years) Programme.
Admission to General Nursing and Midwifery Course” (Three and Half Years) 2016-17 :
- Information for the Applicants of GNM Course 2016-17 : The interview for admission to GNM course scheduled for 22.08.2016 is hereby postponed. The next date of interview for student of GNM Course (2016-17) is 23.08.2016
- Applications are invited for General Nursing and Midwifery 3 years Diploma course (20 seats) for the session 2016-17. Last date of receipt of complete application forms is 12/8/2016 up to 1.00 P.M. Interview will be held on 22/8/2016 at 9:00 A.M .